In this new world reality, we can't afford to take chances with our health. But people still need and want hypnotherapists; perhaps now more than ever.
Free 15-minute exploration session
A free 15-minute exploration session provides an opportunity for us to get to know one another and to test our internet connection and the technical aspects. I will explain all about hypnosis, you can ask any and all questions you like and we can work out the best way forward together.
Is online hypnotherapy as effective as in-person hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy online is often more effective than in person. It's not something new; it's been around for some time now and with technology improving, there are fewer internet drop outs and excellent voice and video quality.
Some of my clients who had in-person hypnotherapy with me before lockdown decided to continue online. They actually preferred it. They can relax more in their own home and they can bliss out afterwards without having to drive.
The benefits of online hypnotherapy include:
- You're in the comfort of your own home
- You get to 'bliss out' in comfort after your session
- You don't have to get into a car afterwards and drive
- Social distancing; it's safe for you and for me
- You don't have to wait in a reception area
- You don't have to travel or take time off work
- Convenience and privacy
- Great for people with mobility issues, agoraphobia, panic attacks and social anxiety
The disadvantages may be:
- Poor quality video/audio if you don't have a reliable internet connection
- Although infrequent: interrupted session due to call disconnection (you will always be safe and it is never possible to 'remain' in hypnosis)
- Distractions at home from people, kids, pets, noise, etc.
How much does it cost and how do I pay?
The prices for all hypnotherapy services are transparently offered on my Prices page. On your free exploration call, we'll work out together how many sessions you will need and you can make a bank transfer to a Spain or UK bank account.
All online hypnotherapy consultations require payment immediately after booking. Twenty four hours' notice is needed for any appointment changes. A late cancellation fee is payable.
What equipment or apps are needed?
You can use a computer, laptop, tablet or a smartphone. Stereo headphones with a microphone are ideal, ear buds work well too. You could just use your speakers if the sound quality is good and your environment isn't noisy.
Here are all the practical aspects to take into account:
- You need a reasonably fast and reliable internet connection. I have fibre optic on my end and rarely have any problems (except maybe in the occasional thunderstorm!)
- For mobile phones and tablets: at least 60 minutes of battery life.
- Make sure you are safe and you won't fall off the chair. A sofa, armchair or computer chair (preferably with armrests) are ideal.
- A laptop on a coffee table works well, or perhaps you could position your phone on a tripod etc. to get the correct position.
- I need to be able to see your face and preferably upper body. I look for certain reactions such as eye movements, breathing and muscle tone.
- Make sure there will be no interruptions: people, kids, pets, etc. (if there are any interruptions, e.g. someone knocks at the door, you will be instantly aware and able to deal with anything you need to).
- Put your phone on silent.
- We can use any video calling app that you are familiar with. I prefer Zoom, which is free to download and has all the features we need. You could also use Skype, Viber, etc. (not Facetime as I don't have iPhone).
Online hypnotherapy is not suitable for you if:
- You are under 18 years of age (parental consent is required).
- You are feeling suicidal (please contact The Samaritans).
- You are under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs prior to or during your consultation.
- You are under the supervision of a psychiatrist or suffering from any diagnosed psychiatric condition, psychological illness or epilepsy.
Duration of online hypnosis sessions:
Online hypnotherapy sessions are usually 50-60 minutes in duration.
What happens if the call is disconnected during hypnosis?
The answer is, nothing. With a simple suggestion from the hypnotherapist, the individual is instructed to return to the present moment and simply call back.
A connection interruption doesn’t mean that you will get "stuck" in hypnosis because you can’t get stuck in hypnosis in any way.
If the call drops, the next step is to call back the hypnotherapist and continuing the process as guided.
This does happen occasionally and my experience has been that the call can be resumed and the hypnotic state is easily resumed to finish the session.